Food Service Establishments (FSE)
The purpose of the North Charleston Sewer District (NCSD) Fats, Oils, & Grease (FOG) Program is to minimize the amount of FOG entering the NCSD wastewater treatment and collection system and to reduce or eliminate Sanitary Sewer Overflows (SSOs) caused by FOG-related flow obstructions.
To ensure all requirements are met, if your facility falls into any of the categories below, please contact the FOG Program Coordinator or FOG Inspector prior to implementing any changes.
- Existing FSE with a change in ownership
- Existing FSE with a change in operations (i.e. former coffee shop that will be a fast food restaurant)
- Existing Building changing to FSE (i.e. former office that will be converted to a restaurant)
- Major Renovations of an Existing Restaurant or Building
- New FSE Building or Structure
NEW: Per the most current NCSD Rate Resolution, any facility required to complete and submit a FOG Application will now pay a $100 application fee.
Please note: The addition of a mobile food unit and/or catering operation(s) to an existing FSE falls under the category “Existing FSE with a change in operations.”